Monday, January 2, 2017

Seed Starting- Day 1

I started the first round of seeds today.  I'm hoping to plant out in the garden around February 28th.  I started seeds in Jiffy peat pellets set into plastic shoe boxes since I had them on hand.  I started:

Tomatoes- Big Beef, Chello, Uluru Ochre, JD's Special C-Tex Early Black, Black Moor, Maralinga, Fourth of July, Dwarf Beryl Beauty

Tomatillos- Purple, Pineapple

Peppers-  Zapotec Jalapeno, Yellow 7 Pot, Chocolate Habanero, Jimmy Nardello's

Eggplant- Listada di Gandia, Rosa Bianca

Swiss Chard- Perpetual, Orange, Peppermint Stick

I also started leeks in an oval pot full of potting mix.  It looks like this will be too late for leeks in Texas, but I'll try anyway.  Texas A&M recommends planting in the fall for cooler temperatures.  I'll be dibbling holes for the leeks and planting them very deep.  Fingers crossed!

Leeks- American Flag

No comments:

Post a Comment